Porsche 928 S4 Service
John Pirtle, January 25, 2003
Automatic Transmission Fluid Change
There is good information in the keepers.
Just some quick notes here -
- Dexron III: about 8 quarts.
- Rotate engine to 20º mark. This will locate the torque converter drain plug in access window.
- Pan gasket bolt torque: 8 Nm = 5.9 ftlb.
- Drain plug - pan: 14 Nm = 10.2 ftlb.
- Drain plug - converter: 14Nm = 10.2 ftlb.
- Use new crush rings for the drain plugs.
- Carefully check fluid level with car level, running, transmission warm and in neutral.
928 S4 Page